Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Magic Cure All Oil. No not snake oil but...



This wonder oil I have been using for eight years- Emu Oil! It’s been referred to as the “the aspirin of the modern days”. It’s been known to help treat burn victims to anti-inflammatory issues. The magical component to this oil is that it mimics the same lipids as humans and therefor can truly replenish moisture. 

Emu oil is the only moisturizer that can push below the subdermal layer. This can be two- fold: 1) it can deliver excellent moisture and 2) it can “push” other active ingredients below the subdermal layer as well. That’s why I use it after a chemical peel and I use it last after my serums and whatnot.
Make sure your emu oil is certified, so it won’t be contaminated (yuck!). My mother complains she feels too “greasy”. I do leave it on my skin from about 5 minutes before I put on any makeup. I also have used platinumskincare.com version so I’m not sure that made any difference. This can be used on any skin type as it is non-comedogenic and hypo-allergenic as well. The price ranges from 15.00 for 2 ounces to 30.00 for 8 ounces.
Here are some proven uses and effects emu oil:
·         Moisturizing

·         Anti-inflammatory

·         Non-comedogenic

·         Wound healing

·         Topical enhancer


·         Burn treatment

·         Skin thickening

·         Acne treatment

·         Wrinkles...




No comments:

Post a Comment