Monday, March 19, 2012

Plant Stem Cells- Cellular Fountain of Youth


As Shirley McClaine says in Postcards from the Edge “ I don’t mind getting old, I do mind looking old.” If science could find a way to stop the aging process, at least the in the epidermis layer (i.e. esthetic skin layer) I would be all for it! Thankfully we are living in a highly technical age where we are beyond moisturizing creams .

In my early twenties, I worked for a biotech company while they played with programmed cell death- or apoptosis.  Our genetics are programmed when to start shutting down. What could happen if we could simply- “reprogram” our genes to stop aging? I do feel science is getting close to finding these answers because of progress in cancer treatments and with nanotechnology.

So what does this newfound research mean for us frugal gals looking for real answers that are also effective? Scientific articles in the Life Extension field have shown that plant stem cells as well as topical DNA technology are effective in anti-aging.

Let’s discuss the effects of using plant stem cells as a topical treatment. Miebelle Bio Chemistry in Switzerland discovered the use of a rare Swiss apple known for its ability to stay fresh for an extended period of time. Most of us know about stem cell research in the news- mostly from embryonic sources. Scientist wanted to know if plant stem cells would “show” animal cells how to not age, and help the new cells keep their longevity. Through research, it showed that there were some positive results. They measured line depth of the face in20 subjects over 28 days.  All confirmed shallower line depth and each cell sample proved to be more effective in “rejuvenating” itself.


Are there any side effects? None so far, like any new technology long term effects are not documented yet.
I have been using Apple Stem Cell with 35% active for about a year now, three drops in my emu oil “medley” morning and night. I also put it directly on my face after a chemical peel to get it right to the new layer of skin asap.  I have done a lot of research on the best product of apple stem cell and so far the product with the highest percent of active is… you guessed it, Platinumskincare.com at 35%. I’ve used Life Extension ($28.00)and other healthcare brands, as well as cream that cost about 130.00, and  none of them disclose the amount of active in their formula.  This product for me is a little pricey- 42.95 but it seems to last me about 4 months.   I notice that before I used it my laugh lines would return about 10 days after a peel, now with the stem cell it is about 35 days for the lines to return.
Try it and let me know what you think!
Happy Face Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment