Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Vegetable Soup:My Routine- You Asked. I'll answer


I’ve been researching longevity for about 20 years now, so all of my information that I’ve acquired and all of my tips and tricks are so second nature to me, I forget how crazy or how confusing the information can be. So to answer one our contributing editor’s question- “ What is My Routine?”
Most of you know about cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing, the three step process we all see from acne care to Avon.  This is a fine solution for no fuss, no muss. As long as your moisturizer has 30 spf in the morning, you’d be fine. Don’t expect miraculous results, but it’s better than nothing.

Now on to my routine, I do probably have a little too many anti-aging products (like there is such a thing) But I’m always trying new things and most of these products take a few months to see cumulative effects- this is the exchange we make for non-invasive, non-medical spa cost.
I spend about the same amount a month as I would for a gym membership- about 50. 00 month.  However consider that I do my own hair, my own nails, and have a treadmill in the basement. I figure I came out way ahead.  Can you imagine the time and money spent for going to the Medical spa/ tanning bed, nail place and beauty salon?  No thank you!

Each morning and evening I have my non-negotiables, and then a couple that I’m trying before I decided if it actually does anything.   I use one *wild card* until it runs out, then I watch and see if I can tell a difference with or without it- I give about 2-3 weeks to tell. I use very small amount- about a pea size if that, it doesn’t take much. But when I have my little mixture in the palm of my hand- my daughter called it my anti-aging “vegetable soup”.  This takes me about 5  min of my morning/evening routine. 

Daily
Am: non- negotiable
Syn-ake (synthetic snake venom) drops in smile lines, forehead


3 drops of copper peptide


3 drops of apple stem cell


Olay SPF 30 spf


Finish with 1 squirt of emu oil


Platinumskincare- eye cream

Wild card- can’t decide
Finishing Platinum Skin Care- GABA- featured on Dr. Oz

Nights out
Arbonne- 8 hour face lift

PM
3 drops of copper peptide


3 drops of apple stem cell


Afirm Retinol /eye cream


Finish with 1 squirt of emu oil

Wild card- can’t decide
Avon’s Gentix..  
Weekly
Jessner Chemical peel- 3 min
Very mild peel

Microderm abrasion 
In shower

Every 4-6 Weeks
TCA 30% Peel
3 day weekendJ
 
 Am I a crazy woman ?  Perhaps. But this crazy woman thinks longevity science is pretty cool and just got carded at the liquor store last week.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think I’d have had the CT scan if I’d known 29,000 people a year end up with cancer from them, and half of them die? Need I answer that question? vitamin E

    ReplyDelete