Friday, April 20, 2012

Inside/Out: Nutracueticals for Internal Aging


Part 1

For the last 20 years, the United States has been researching ways to slow the aging process ( notice I have not said “stopped”) topically, everything from the outside- actives that treat aging are called- Cosmaceuticals. These are anything from injectable to the higher potency actives I’ve talked about in early blogs. We spend 33 billion dollars on an industry based on magic creams and potions.

The next couple of blogs I want to bring you up to speed with what the rest of world has learned in anti- aging research. Japan especially has been researching how to slow the aging process internally- or as they say -  with Nutraceuticals .

The first nutraceutical supplement is a “vitality “drink.  My husband found this drink mix, as he has always had interest in health and vitality supplements; super food drink, anti-oxidants, green tea, etc. Since I’ve always had energy issues (and energy certainly declines with age), I’ve always tried the energy drinks, b-12, GNC,  Herbalife, you name it!
I’ve finally found the “cure all” superdrink. It’s the Super C22  Dr. Pinkus drink mix, I add it to my Fresca. If I have a headache- I take a teaspoon of SuperC22, have a stomach ache , take a teaspoon.. low on energy... You get the point.

The drink makers claim that its high doses of Vitamin C (22 forms) may help: :http://www.drnewtons.com/super-c22-p-1500.html

Super C22 formula -Vitamin C helps to improve immune function, neutralize free radicals, restore energy, relieve stress, and support vital systems. What Important Health Benefits Could Your Body Be Missing
If you’ve used Vitamin C to defend your body against the common cold — or even stress — you already know it’s a vital ally in keeping your immune system healthy. But did you know that Vitamin C has anti-aging properties that encourage collagen formation? What’s more, the latest Vitamin C news suggests that it may be able to:
·         Increase lung capacity
·         Enhance mental clarity
·         Lower blood pressure

I can’t speak to the science of this drink but I have had higher blood pressure readings the last four months, I just had one last week- it was perfect! I also notice if I mix this in with my workout water, I have a ton of energy, I feel refreshed. Placebo effect? Don’t care- it tastes great and it make anything you sprinkle it in a fizzy drink!

Next week-  Japanese scientists have found nutracueticals that produce smooth skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment